Chapter V. Naming And Being
- Frontismatter, preface, table of contents.
- Chapter I. Logos Identified
- Chapter II. Logos Appropriated By Ontology
- Chapter III. Thought As Sight
- Chapter IV. Thought As Self-Thought
- » Chapter V. Naming And Being
- Chapter VI. The Silence Beyond Names
- Chapter VII. Thinking Negatively : The Foundations Of The Via Negativa
- Chapter VIII. Conclusion
- Bibliography, Index
Chapter Contents: Socrates on the pharmacy of language 94; Parmenides and Heraclitus on names and reality 95; Plato's reaction in the Tirnaeus and the Cratylus 96; Aristotle and language as a convention 98; on names and reality 100; Stoic, Epicurean and Sceptical views on the relation between names and nature 101; Philo on the identity of names and beings 103; names and reality in the Gnostic Gospel of Truth 107.