Chapter I. Logos Identified
- Frontismatter, preface, table of contents.
- » Chapter I. Logos Identified
- Chapter II. Logos Appropriated By Ontology
- Chapter III. Thought As Sight
- Chapter IV. Thought As Self-Thought
- Chapter V. Naming And Being
- Chapter VI. The Silence Beyond Names
- Chapter VII. Thinking Negatively : The Foundations Of The Via Negativa
- Chapter VIII. Conclusion
- Bibliography, Index
Chapter Contents: From myth to logos 11; the meaning of logos/reason 12; logos as new-style myth 13; logos as autonomous, separate from individual exponents 18; Flats's attempts to define logos 20; the Sophists' caricature 21; Aristotle on logos as the human capacity, and logos as in nature 25; the stoic seminal logos 30; the Sceptics and their analysis of the invenrion of their predecessors; the failure of logos 33.