Download Full Text (934 KB)
- PhD students – as sessionals are marginalised from academ-ia yet often are face of uni for 1st year students - contradicts recommendations from retention and transition research.
- PhD students aspiring to an academic career require targeted professional learning support.
- Mentoring model resulted in effective outcomes for all partici-pants
- LTTP pilot— a model for quality improvement of teaching & learning practice.
- Academic and intercultural literacies fundamental to under-standings of good practice in teaching and research practices
- Holistic university approach to quality improvement
- Implementation of socio-cultural approaches to transforming professional practice (ZPD and MKO (Vygotsky) in action!)
- Ongoing initiative
Gold Coast, Qld
PhD students, learning through teaching, LTTP, HDR, Higher degree research, Australia, mentoring, academic literacy
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.
de Fazio, Teresa and Henderson, Fiona, "Learning through teaching: Building a mentoring community around PhD students as academic apprentices" (2016). Symposium Posters. 9.