Date of this Version
• A key factor in the development of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) following a trauma is a pre-existing mental health history.
• The development of PTSD is also greatly impacted by the nature of the post-trauma environment and quality of available support following a trauma.
• Community resources should be directed to most at-risk populations, including women and emergency service personnel.
• Post-trauma environment and maternal mental health following a trauma are both strong predictors of PTSD in child survivors.
• The goal for all interventions with arson survivors should be focused on creating structure, support and stability.
This document has been peer reviewed.