We would like to look across the lifespan at healthy people with risk factors for chronic disease, people with early stage chronic disease and people with longstanding chronic disease. We have three basic study designs we would propose, within which we will address the hypotheses linking genetic profile and phenotypic adaptation to exercise, as noted below:
- Conduct cross-sectional analyses across the lifespan to specify the genetic profiles that explain a portion of the variance in the following five domains relevant to chronic disease:
- Body Composition & Nutritional status
- Exercise Capacity and Performance
- Cardiovascular and Metabolic Risk Profile
- Neurological & Psychological Function
- Musculoskeletal Morphology and Metabolism
This study will be led by Professor Maria Fiatarone Singh at University of Sydney, with input from all partners in the CRN.