Chapter II. Logos Appropriated By Ontology
- Frontismatter, preface, table of contents.
- Chapter I. Logos Identified
- » Chapter II. Logos Appropriated By Ontology
- Chapter III. Thought As Sight
- Chapter IV. Thought As Self-Thought
- Chapter V. Naming And Being
- Chapter VI. The Silence Beyond Names
- Chapter VII. Thinking Negatively : The Foundations Of The Via Negativa
- Chapter VIII. Conclusion
- Bibliography, Index
Chapter Contents: Philo on language and reason 39; the reified logos 42; logos in reality 44; logos as Hermes, the messenger 46; the holy logos descends (the Hermetic treatises) 47; the new stage of hypostatization -John's Gospel 49; the historicisation of logos 50;. the Gnostic reaction to the human logos; the Gnostic logos 51; Marcus and the silence-breaking logos, logos as voice 53; the logos as the principle of intellectual failure in the Tripartite Tractate 57.