Chapter III. Thought As Sight
- Frontismatter, preface, table of contents.
- Chapter I. Logos Identified
- Chapter II. Logos Appropriated By Ontology
- » Chapter III. Thought As Sight
- Chapter IV. Thought As Self-Thought
- Chapter V. Naming And Being
- Chapter VI. The Silence Beyond Names
- Chapter VII. Thinking Negatively : The Foundations Of The Via Negativa
- Chapter VIII. Conclusion
- Bibliography, Index
Chapter Contents: Nous - Omitted by Snell 61; von Fritz on intellect as vision and intuition 61; thought as holistic perception 62; thought and being are identical 63; critique of Guthrie's discussion of Parmenides66; Anaxagoras' vous as Being 68; Empedocles' thought like sensation 69; Democritus 71; Plato on truth and thought 72; Plato on intellect as a cause 75; conclusion 76.