Download Full Text (242 KB)
- Twenty one participating students without any prior experience.
- Four participating students are redoing this course and they did not indicate any understanding issues or face any difficulties related to programming concepts.
- Thirty two participating students study this course first time.
- The syntax is the biggest issue for novice students at CQUniversity. Syntax should have the highest priority for addressing.
- This survey did not include question about English issue. However, the next survey will target non-native English speakers. Please, review research question 1.1
- This survey conducted to obtain a better understanding of the challenges of teaching computer programming to novice programming students.
Gold Coast, Qld
Programming language, teaching, international students
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.
Nnass, Ibrahim; Cowling, Michael; and Hadgraft, Roger, "Exploring the difficulties of teaching programming to non-native English speakers at an Australian Regional University" (2016). Symposium Posters. 3.