The (uncertain) future of online data privacy
Date of this Version
In this article I will address a somewhat eclectic selection of data privacy topics that I think are of particular significance, including:
- Some international developments in the data privacy law area;
- Extraterritoriality issues including the ‘jurisdictional lasagne’;
- The recently decided Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) case on the so-called ‘right to be forgotten’;
- ‘Big Data’ and the Internet of Things; and
- The concept of ‘consent’.
This document has been peer reviewed.