Instructions for using ePublications@bond
What is ePublications@bond?
ePublications@bond is an open access repository containing a wide range of research and scholarly output of different types including:
- Book chapters
- Book reviews
- Conference papers
- Conference proceedings
- Images (photographs)
- Journal articles
- Letters to the editor
- Miscellaneous material
- News articles
- Popular press
- PowerPoint presentations
- Research reports
- Response or Comment
- Working papers
How to use ePublications@bond
- How to find content
- Arranging for personalized notification of new material
- How to create and use an account
- How to submit materials to the repository
- Copyright Guidelines
- Contact for help and information
How to find content
ePublications@bond includes papers and other materials deposited in this Institutional Repository ("IR") by faculties, schools, and other departments at Bond, as well as links to electronic full texts of Bond theses. The ePublications@bond home page offers options for browsing this content.
- Browse by Faculty or Research Centre: Content posted here has been selected and deposited by the individual campus groups. Select this option, then select the name of a group to see a list of available collections. These might include faculty papers, faculty journals or research centres.
- Browse Personal Researcher Pages in the Selected Works Gallery: Content under this option is organized by individual author. The author's page includes other information about the author, such as research interests, affiliations, etc.
- Browse the image gallery: Content under this option includes links to many categories of images about and of Bond University.
You can search full text and descriptions of materials in the entire ePublications@bond repository. If you prefer, you can narrow your search to a particular section of the IR.
- To search everything: use the search box in the right navigation column. You can search for either words in the full text of papers or papers by a particular author in the IR. A link to an advanced search form allows further specification and combination of search terms. Results will be returned as a web page.
- To search within a particular research group: the Browsing features specified above will take you to the research group or collection you wish to search. A new search box allows you to search within the area you're browsing. There is also an "Advanced Search" link allowing for more detailed search options.
Arranging for personalized notification of new material
Arranging for notifications is simply achieved by using the 'Notify me via email or RSS' link in the right sidebar. This link takes you to a page of options to help you keep up to date in your chosen area of scholarship.
How to create and use an account
Although you can explore ePublications@bond without logging in, an account will allow you to sign up for personalized notifications and other email announcements. Accounts are free. They are available both to Bond and non-Bond users, but only Bond users can be authorized to submit materials.
- To create an account, select My Account from the menu below the banner then select the "New User" option. After you provide your name, email address, and initial password (and, optionally, an institutional affiliation), the system will confirm registration via email.
- To log into your account, select My Account from menu below the banner then enter your email address and password. If you forget your password, you can enter your email address without a password, and will receive your password immediately by email. If you want to change your password, go to the My Account page and choose the "Edit Profile" option.
- Use a different password from the one you use for your university account, or other sensitive accounts. Logins and email password notifications are currently not encrypted and may be intercepted. Do not use a password whose compromise could also allow your overall online identity to be stolen. If you have trouble logging in or the system will not send you your password, please send an email to the who will help to solve the problem as soon as possible.
- Remember Me Next Time: If you select the "Remember Me Next Time" option so that your password and email address are remembered even after you close your browser, you will not need to log in each time you visit the site. To prevent others from accessing your account, you must click the logout option on your My Account page.
How to submit materials to ePublications@bond
In order to submit materials to ePublications@bond, you must be affiliated with a Bond University faculty, research centre, or department. Please contact the for more information.
- Copyright considerations: Review the Copyright Guidelines to determine if your work can be submitted to ePublications@bond.
- Submission formats: Documents in ePublications@bond are made available in PDF format. Submissions are acceptable in full-text searchable PDF, or Microsoft Word. (The latter format is converted to PDF by the IR system after submission.) Submissions can also include supplementary files in other formats (including PowerPoint presentations).
- Depositing documents: At ePublications@bond uploading of your content is done by the ePublications@bond team.
- Once you have (1) cleared copyright, and (2) have a version of your document in a proper submission format, please email your research paper/s to the .
- Notification: Your material will be processed by the e-publications team and you will be notified when it is publicly available on ePublications@bond.
Contact Information Services for more help and information
If you encounter problems using ePublications@bond, or would simply like additional information about the site, please contact the .
(Portions of the above have been adapted from the University of Pennsylvania ScholarlyCommons@Penn website.)
Last updated 28 July 2009.