Aims & Scope
Spreadsheets in Education is a publication of Bond Business School at Bond University in Queensland, Australia. It is an open access electronic journal devoted to the publication of high quality articles concerned with roles that spreadsheets can play in education. The journal:
- publishes double-blind peer-reviewed articles to be made freely available to teachers and their students, plus researchers over the World Wide Web
- is refereed by professionals who have an interest in the application of spreadsheet technology to education
- provide a focus for a website that offers:
- spreadsheet models suitable for use in education contexts,
- lesson plans that incorporate the use of spreadsheets,
- skill-building worksheets that can be used in the classroom, and
- selected links to other sites with similar educational resources and applications.
The journal aims to provide a focus for advances in our understanding of the role that spreadsheets can play in constructivist educational contexts. The emphasis will be on using this technology to enable learners to develop concepts with a rigorous basis as well as learn confidence in the uses of technology to analyse and display information.
There is no fixed frequency of publication; articles are published incrementally.
All articles are fully refereed, including our In the Classroom section, which is dedicated to providing classroom resources for use by teachers & their students. These are typically papers with descriptions of classroom activities, written by experienced teachers, in many cases with downloadable spreadsheet models. Such materials are designed to be directly usable by teachers and students. We encourage you to download and try these resources, and to submit ideas and practices of your own, so that others may benefit.