Associate Professor (Law)
Bachelor of Arts - Queensland
Bachelor of Laws - Queensland
Master of Laws (Distinction) - Bond University
Bobette has practised as a solicitor for 10 years, primarily in the fields of litigation and family law. She is an accredited mediator with the Queensland Law Society, the Legal Aid Office (Queensland), the Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators, and LEADR (Lawyers Engaged in Alternative Dispute Resolution). Bobette's primary interests are dispute resolution, advocacy and skills training.
Other professional appointments
Mediator - Queensland Law Society
Mediator - Legal Aid Office (Queensland)
Mediator - Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators
Mediator - LEADR (Lawyers Engaged in Alternative Dispute Resolution)
Alternative Dispute Resolution, International Dispute Settlement, Civil Procedure.
Research interests & research expertise
Dispute Resolution, Advocacy and Skills Training.
Documents by Subject Area
No subject area
- Book Review: The Advocate’s Notebook, by Anthony Young
- Culture, society and mediation in China and the West
- Dispute systems design
- Mediator settlement strategies: Winning friends and influencing people
- New rules to facilitate the use of ADR in the resolution of international commercial disputes
- Recent Developments in International Commercial Dispute Resolution: Expanding the Options
- Teaching and learning dispute resolution by self-instruction
- The Model Dispute Resolution Procedure for Australian Workplace Agreements: A Dispute Systems Design Perspective
- The role and limitations of Fisher and Ury's model of interest-based negotiation in mediation
- Voluntariness and consensuality: defining characteristics of mediation?
- Why, how and what to practice: Integrating skills teaching and learning in the undergraduate law curriculum